![]() |
| Porcupine |
To all the missionaries, Thursday, Nov 16, 2023:
Last Sunday, a member of our stake presidency called us to repentance and said we need to be bringing our brothers and sisters to the gospel and to church. Easier said than done 😕
However, I have been pondering and recommitting this week. Today I read this quote by Elder Neal A. Maxwell, one of my favorite general authorities, who passed away some years ago:
"Our merciful and long-suffering Lord is ever ready to help. His “arm is lengthened out all the day long” (2 Ne. 28:32), and even if His arm goes ungrasped, it was unarguably there! In the same redemptive reaching out, our desiring to improve our human relationships usually requires some long-suffering. Sometimes reaching out is like trying to pat a porcupine. Even so, the accumulated quill marks are evidence that our hands of fellowship have been stretched out, too!"
I am reaching for the porcupines today!! I wish you all well in your reachings out, also!!
Love,
Mom/Aunt Tiffany
This is another good Christian view on petting porcupines, from which I copied the lead photo:

No comments:
Post a Comment