![]() |
| Halloween 2023 |
To all the missionaries, Monday, October 23, 2023:
I had such a wonderful temple experience yesterday (Saturday).
We had planned to do baptisms for the dead, but Dallin was sick, and Emerald was thoroughly absorbed in making Halloween costumes. Emerald, Dallin, and Alexander are going to be their D&D characters for Halloween, so their costumes had to be custom-made.
So Joel and I went to the temple and did an endowment session. I was thinking about Elder Daines' Conference talk about seeing Jesus. I really prayed and focused on seeing Jesus, and I had such a powerful spiritual experience!! I could feel His love and power to save so strongly!!
I hope you are all experiencing all of the missionary miracles!!
To all of the other Young Women leaders in our ward, Tuesday, October 24, 2023:
I talked with my advisor this week, and next semester I will be able to take classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so I will be available for activities on Tuesday nights. I am really excited to be able to meet with the Young Women for activities again!!
My in-person classes will end at the beginning of December, so I will be able to start coming to activities in just over a month 😊
Thank you all for your service and support!!
Tiffany
To my mom, Grandma Parsons, and all the missionaries, Oct 26, 2023:
When I was about the same age as Alexander is now, around 11 years old, a lady in our ward in Hunt decided to produce a little show for our ward based on the Broadway Musical "Cats," which was brand new at the time.
It must have been quite a small production, because we only had 60 members in our little ward in Hunt (located past the Japanese internment camp memorial east of Jerome), where Caleb died and Gideon was born. Our last Sunday in the Hunt Ward before we moved back to Salmon was also the last day that the ward existed. The boundaries were redrawn, and the little Hunt Ward was absorbed into one of the two Hazelton wards in the Jerome Stake.
I don't remember much about the show itself, but when Mom gave us a box of Halloween costumes, my cat costume was among the other costumes.
This year, Emerald, Dallin and Alexander decided to dress up as the characters for the D&D campaign that they are doing with Scott on weekends. Emerald's character is a basilisk named "Peanut Butter," who loves peanut butter; Dallin is a kind of dragon, I'm not sure of the details, and Alexander is a wolf.
![]() |
| Halloween Adventurers |
Alexander is having a costume dress-up day for Red Ribbon Week at his school today, so I snapped a photo of him all dressed up.
![]() |
| Wolf Costume |
Emerald and the boys created this wolf costume using the head covering, tail, and leg warmers from the cat costume that my mom made for me to perform in the Cats musical almost 40 years ago!!
Thank you, Mom!!
Love,
Tiffany/Mom/Aunt Tiffany
To Elder Tolman of the North and Elder Tolman of the South, Oct 29, 2023:
We were going to watch my grandson, Rayden's first-ever Primary Program today!! And I was thinking about how fun it would be to tell Aysha about it tonight, and how jealous she would be!! Then Rayden coughed all night and woke up still coughing and tired (or Jessalyn and Skyler were too tired, maybe), so they didn't take him to church. That was a disappointment for all of us. 😞 Especially Scott - he was really looking forward to skipping our Sacrament Meeting!
This afternoon, Emerald, Dallin and Alexander had a piano recital in Blackfoot. It was actually the best one they've had, I think. They've all been practicing more lately than they used to. They are getting into a better schedule now that school is getting along.
![]() |
| Piano Recital 0ct 29, 2023 |
Emerald almost didn't turn in her first essay for dual-credit English this week. 😮 That was scarier than Halloween, let me tell you! I pled and threatened as hard as I could. I told her that she has to have English to graduate, so if she flunks it, she will have to retake it next semester instead of being a library aide. I don't know if that was what finally convinced her, but she did end up finishing the essay that night. She found out the next day that that was the very last day her teacher was accepting the essay (It was already a week late). I don't know if my poor heart can make it through all of these shocks. It sure is hard to graduate children from high school! 😂
However, Emerald LOVES singing inordinately. She had an all-day clinic at ISU yesterday, from 8 in the morning until the end of the concert at 9:30 that night. After we got home, we were in the kitchen looking at the program and discussing all of the notable songs of the evening. Emerald said, "I wish I could sing all of these songs!! I just want to sing all the songs in the world!" So far we have not reached the limit of Emerald's enjoyment of singing - it seems like the more she sings, the more she wants to sing! It is really fun to see her enjoying it so much.
Everyone is really excited for Halloween. Emerald, Dallin, and Alexander tried on all of their costumes tonight just for fun. They created costumes to be their characters in the D&D campaign they are doing with Scott right now. Emerald is really excited that they all match!
Joel decided to be Link disguised as a bokoblin for Halloween. This week, Joel and Dallin discovered that the nose on his bokoblin mask squeaks! They squeak it all the time! I'm not sure who is most excited about it. 😂 Dallin keeps putting on the mask and squeaking it all around.
Original:
Since Rayden was not able to perform in Sacrament Meeting, I told them to bring him to our house tonight so he could perform for us. We also cooked him a pizza, because Jessalyn told him they would have pizza after the practice Saturday, and they didn't. 😟
Rayden was very shy about telling his part to us, but he had a fun time playing after dinner. When it was almost 7:00, he asked if he could play trains, but Skyler said no, because it was too close to time to leave. Rayden was all upset and working himself into a temper tantrum, when I spied the Ticket to Ride game on a chair. I got it out, and he was very excited. He, Jessalyn, and I put trains on the board while Jessalyn and I talked about work. After a while, Jessalyn started picking the trains up. "Why are you picking up?" Rayden asked. "Because it's time to go," Jessalyn said matter-of-factly. Rayden moved like he was oh-so-compliantly about to help us pick up the trains. At the last moment he half-slid, half-fell onto the game board, sending train pieces flying in all directions. I thought at first that he had done it on accident! But then he did it again. Then he picked up the game cards and tossed them across the floor. I said, "You should go get some pretzels from Grandpa!" to distract him. "Pretzels?!" Jessalyn added, "Wow!" Rayden didn't have to think about it too long. "I'm going to play a trick on Grandpa!" he said, and took off downstairs. Jessalyn and I finished picking up the game and talking about work in peace. Rayden came up a few minutes later with a fidget spinner. He played with the fidget spinners cheerfully until Jessalyn was able to transition him into going home a little more smoothly. 😂 What a funny, crazy kid!! 😍
Scott's big splurge this week is a ringmaster's costume for work on Tuesday. He is very excited about it. He told Shawn Akina about it today while they were doing tithing after church, and they had a wonderful time making jokes about how awesome it will be for him to do a group at work as a ringmaster.
![]() |
| Scott as Ringmaster |
(Joel just walked by to get a drink and squeaked the mask's nose on his way by. They really love that mask!)
I am attaching a photo of Rayden that Jessalyn shared after his ward Halloween party Friday night. And a photo of Emerald, Dallin, and Alexander at their piano recital this afternoon. And Joel as a Link/bokoblin with a squeaky mask.
![]() |
| Rayden's loot |
I hope you are all doing really well! We love you and pray for you!
Love,
Aunt Tiffany









No comments:
Post a Comment