![]() |
| Pom |
Sunday, Nov 4, 2023
This is my emotional support animal for my MSW classes. His name is "Pom" - from the Babar books - Babar's oldest son. It also might be a subconscious nod to Winnie-the-Pooh, as Dad pointed out - "Tiddley pom" 😁
He's so soft and squishy!!! And just the right size 🥰
I hope you are having a great Saturday!!
We are raking leaves for Rake-a-Difference today! And the weather is just right - not to hot or too cold, and not raining or snowing!! 🎉
Have an awesome day!!
Love,
Mom ❤️
Email to Dr. Kim - "A Request or Two" - Monday, Nov 6, 2023
Is it possible for me to get an extension on the length of my Self-Study paper, and is it also possible to get an extension on the deadline?
If I may only have one extension, I would most definitely prefer an extension on the length. I currently have 12 pages. I spent a couple of hours trying to cut it down Saturday, and only managed to reduce it to 11 pages. I am incredibly introspective, so I have a very difficult time properly addressing each topic within the given page limit.
I am also struggling to complete this paper and the paper for Mr. Burnham's class due tomorrow within the time deadline. Organization is one of my biggest, most frustrating challenges. I am improving all the time, but very far from where I would like to be in this area.
In any case, I am very much enjoying your class! I am truly fascinated with the study of people, cultures, and the theories we've addressed together.
Thank you for creating such a broadening learning experience in our class!
Tiffany Entrikin
To Aysha, Monday, Nov 6, 2023
I woke up a little crazy and hyper today. But I also woke up happy yesterday morning and today, and that is wonderful!! I wrote a very positive email to Dr. Kim to request a little extension (... or two) on my Self-Study Paper. It is supposed to be between 6-7 pages, and I have 12 pages. So I asked for an extension on length and time, with length as a priority. After reading a chapter of Winnie-the-Pooh (the more it SNOWS, Tiddley Pom!), I was feeling very philosophical and Zen-Pooh-ish, so I wrote a very pleasant email. I'll forward it to you, if you are interested, but it's not that exciting.
I'm just feeling a little ADHD this morning, I guess. My new medication has a variety of strange side effects that I've been studying with interest and most often annoyance. But! I am waking up feeling happy frequently, and so far, that is worth all of the random, strange effects that come with it.
I hope you are doing well! We are receiving so many blessings for your service! I did not bear my testimony in testimony meeting yesterday, but I listened and felt so grateful for my many, many blessings. I also was feeling so, so sad for people going through deep, deep trials, like the McCann family and Porter Harris' family. I was really feeling like there are just so many sad, heavy hurts around. But there were many uplifting testimonies, and for the closing hymn we sang, "Come, Ye Disconsolate," which ends each verse with a variation of, "Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot heal." Once again, I was so spiritually moved by Trevor's inspired choice of hymns. What a blessing!
We had a very long presidency meeting, which was all my fault, because I talked too much. 😕
But guess what?! Everett and Ben came to church again!! Woo hoo!! I really hope that this will be the beginning of strength for their families. There are SO many youth who would come if their parents came!! I can't believe it! We decided in our meeting yesterday to start ministering to the moms of our non-member and less-active Young Women.
Also, we are starting up a "Birthday Brigade" in Young Women, where we visit some of the older or less active people in our ward on their birthdays. It is getting kind of a slow start, but I am determined to get it running. I feel like it is a way of minimally visiting each person in need of a visit at least once a year. Which is not enough, but it is better than not at all, which is how it is currently. It is also a way of doing very personal service with visible, immediate rewards, which I feel is very much needed for our youth.
Speaking of, Dallin and I participated in Rake-a-Difference with the Junior Civitan Club on Saturday. It was the best Rake-a-Difference experience I have ever had! The weather was perfect, and we had only two small (but very full) yards to rake. It was a good, satisfying, and not traumatic experience. Mr. Asboe, Dallin, and I empathized over the traumatic experience we had the year we raked the huge, nasty-smelling yard. Ugh! I still shudder thinking about it. I have a story about Mr. Asboe and setting boundaries that I think is funny next time we talk 😁 Would you mind if I shared your essay about Junior Civitan with Mr. Asboe? He's been so cynical and negative lately. I'm not sure what's going on, but he could use some encouragement.
I love you!! I hope you are doing super well!!
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment