How does my garden grow? It grows weeds with no problem. In fact, I can safely boast that we are the best growers of Idahoan weeds in town. And we do it without even trying! (or is it because we didn't try hard enough to care for it? Huh.)
Well, yesterday we dug up all of the tubers we've actually grown and got our most amazing harvest of edibles ever! 10 pounds of carrots, 10 pounds of red potatoes, and 32 pounds of russet potatoes.
You can stop chortling now. I know that this is a pitiful yield for normal humans (especially for Tiffany's family who all have green thumbs). For us this was huge. An awesome accomplishment for a family of people who can kill all the plants around us as some kind of super-power.
Even though almost nothing grew for us this year, we still managed to have fun with the garden all spring and summer and we got fresh carrots from it during that whole period, too.




Pretty common super power I'd say.
ReplyDelete