Coral got her own cell phone this weekend. She has been so excited ever since I told her I was getting her one. I know she's, like, the last one in her whole school to get one, but I'm an ogre I guess. Now that she's going to start dating and driving I wanted her to have the option to call us whenever she needs to.Part of me doesn't want to even think about her doing those things yet (dating and driving), but for the most part I'm excited to see my little girl growing up. She's awesome! (All of my kids are - and I say that with no bias whatsoever... Really!)
When she was just a little baby, Tiffany and I would talk about how much fun it was going to be to have her (and her future siblings) be teenagers. Older and wiser heads would bitterly laugh and tell us to, "Enjoy them while they're babies - it's all downhill from there. You'll find out!"
We never believed that kind of talk. We were just a couple of young fools who didn't know better apparently... I'm relieved to say that our wildly over-confident and totally unrealistic attitudes have been blessed with the happy outcome that we were hoping for. Common wisdom can take a hike!
awesome phone, coral!!!
ReplyDeleteoh--and I don't even want to think about having teenage boys starting in a couple of years. ugh!
And Coral's favorite thing to do with her new phone is...
ReplyDeletetake pictures!
Teenagers are absolutely a blast! Of course, there are moments, but for the most part they are tons of fun! We have loved our teenage kids. You guys have exceptional kids (and I say it with no bias either!) and will have the best time with them while in the teenage years.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah...and good luck with the dating and driving. :)