Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Football Analogy from Tiffany: "Number 10"

I watched a high school football game with my girls Friday night. I know next to nothing about football, except that moving toward the end zone is a good thing, and a touch down is a really, really good thing. But it was still fun to watch. Since I had little technical understanding of the game, I made some spiritual analogies to some of the things I saw. The one I have been pondering the most I call "Number 10."

In the second half of the game, "Number 10" was the main man running with the ball to make touch downs. I saw him walk to the sidelines with the intent of being relieved by another player several times, but each time his coach turned him around and sent him back in. Once, "Number 10" tried for a touch down and was tackled pretty hard. He got up and headed toward the sidelines, and I expected him to get a break to catch his breath, but coach sent him right back in to to the game to immediately try for another touch down.

I think we are "Number 10" to God. Each of us is God's MVP -- if we are trying our best, we are the person God most needs trying for touch downs and blocking the attempts of the opposing team. No matter how tired, or injured, or inadequate we feel, God sends us right back into the action, saying, "I need you to try for another touch down! You are the best man (or woman) for the job!"

No comments:

Post a Comment