Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Intensity

 I just realized today, December 23, 2023, that I should be making family blog posts from my emails to our missionaries. I went on a computer cleaning spree and deleted all of my sent emails before September this year. However, I will start with what I have and move forward! I will backdate each post to the date when my email was sent.


Intensity

To Sister Aysha Entrikin

September 26, 2023


I had a very intense experience at work yesterday.  This morning I was pondering how to deal with all of the intensity at work and school.  I love them - I love my work and I love my school.  Maybe a little too much, because I get so intensely absorbed in successes and failures of not just myself, but everyone around me as well.

I like to tease Scott about doing everything intensely, but it occurred to me this morning that I am just as intense as he is.  Only with Scott, everything is physical life or death. And with me, everything is spiritual life or death, so in actuality I am taking Scott's intensity and raising it exponentially  😂

I wonder if that's what you were reacting to at home, when you avoided scripture study or church, and were so annoyed when I made a spiritual analogy.  (Do you remember talking to me about that.  "It's so random!" you said in exasperation 😁) I felt so frustrated when you were upset about my analogies, because I felt like everything is about God. Everything is spiritual life or death - we're always either moving toward God or toward Satan.  

That's a pretty intense perspective, huh?  Since you left, I've been trying really hard to lighten up. Or at least trying not to project my intensity so powerfully onto everything and everyone.  That's hard for me 😁

But I want you to know that I am working on it!!

I am so inspired and impressed by all of your hard work to be the things that God wants you to be and to recognize and accept His appreciation for all of your sacrifices!!

I love you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment