Sunday, December 27, 2020

New Mexico Trip

For the third week of June, I stowed away with my mom on her trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to visit my brother, Malachi, and help out with his son, Caleb, while Molly went to Girls Camp with the Young Women in her ward.  We had a great time hanging out together, the three of us.  I was secretly practicing to become a grandma, because we had just found out that Jessalyn and Skyler were expecting, but they didn't want anyone else to know until she was farther along.  Also, I really enjoyed seeing Malachi and Molly's pretty home and playing with Caleb and taking him on walks.  I had never been to Albuquerque before, so I also enjoyed exploring Malachi's neighborhood and area of town a few times. I was able to take a quick trip to the Albuquerque Temple one day, too, which was great!

I took quite a few photos of Caleb to send to Molly so she could see that he was surviving:


I love their back yard - it is very shady, with a variety of rock work, and the traditional New Mexican adobe wall around it.

I let Caleb explore the different textures outside with his hands and feet:

Here is another selfie of the two of us in the back yard:
I let him feel the leaves on the tree, but he didn't like that texture very much!

We spent a lot of time taking turns pushing him around his house in the stroller - that was his favorite activity.  We walked around the neighborhood a couple of times, also, but Caleb preferred his climate-controlled home:



Here is a photo of me, Caleb, and my mom.


The three of us and Malachi watched movies together at night and went out to eat a couple of times.
I spent a lot of time reading when Caleb was sleeping or Malachi wasn't working and didn't need us to do anything in particular.  It was a nice, relaxing vacation!  








No comments:

Post a Comment