On Tuesday, July 9, I picked up our Lithuanian singers - Julius Cepauskas and Arnas. That began the most wonderful and magical week of my life! I felt like I was in a fairy tale or a magical kingdom! I attended the most beautiful and amazing concerts every night and ate breakfast with the most talented, polite, fascinating and fun young men that I have ever had the privilege to spend so much time with. I felt like there was nothing I could do to spoil them, they were so polite and respectful. I gave them everything that I could think of to make their time enjoyable on their first trip to America.
They spent some time getting acquainted with the venue and settling in on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I took these photos of them after the opening concert, which I still love to watch on YouTube: Idaho International Choral Festival 2019
One of their concerts was performed outdoors on the quad at ISU. Here is a photo of the Dagilelis Choir singing, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight":
Here are some photos of the final concert:
Dagilelis Choir
All of the choirs combined for a grand finale
On Sunday, there was a picnic at Ross Park for all of the International Choral performers and host families. We hiked around the park and played together.
Julius
Alexander and Julius making leaf sculptures
Arnas preferred to play soccer with the older youth.
He is in the dark shirt and tan shorts in the front of the photo below:
We also hung out at our house and the boys jumped together on the trampoline. Arnas did some flips and tricks for us. Julius just bounced with the boys after Arnas got bored and went downstairs.
We were all crying in this photo that Becca Hyde so graciously took for me when they left Pocatello:
Julius and I kept in touch a bit on Facebook for a while. We even had a few video calls! We shared so many wonderful experiences together in that one week. I hope to go and visit them in Lithuania some day.
No comments:
Post a Comment