The end of July included more birthdays and Ross Park!
We celebrated Jessalyn's and Alexander's birthdays together on July 17. Emerald made a very artistic heart-shaped splatter cake for Jessalyn:
Alexander opening presents
Later on that month, Autumn invited us to come to Ross Park with their Girl Scouts for a night party.
It was cold, but they had a fun time!
Emerald, Dallin, and Alexander
The Girl Scouts also provided free snow cones!
Throughout all of these adventures, Isaac and I had both signed up with a couple of temp agencies for summer work, and we periodically received assignments. One night we both worked at Amy's Kitchen together. That was an interesting adventure! We unwrapped blocks of frozen tofu and stirred them in huge tubs of water until they thawed. On this particular night at Ross Park while the kids were swimming and playing, I was sitting on a lawn chair, frantically studying "Excel for Dummies," to try to pass a test that I had to take at the Job Service office the next day for a secretarial application that I had submitted for the school district. I actually did pretty well on the test considering I had no experience with Excel, and only the knowledge that I had crammed in the previous 24 hours!
I also applied for the BYU-Idaho Pathway Connect program, which started in August, to begin working on earning my bachelor's degree. I was so anxious to try to get an extra job or a higher-paying job to try to pay for Joel's monthly mission expense. He only made enough money to buy his supplies - suits, luggage, phone, bike, etc. - he didn't have any extra for the monthly payment. I never did get a higher-paying or extra job. In fact, I ended up taking the classroom job with Emily, which makes a little less than my tracker job. But we have been so very blessed to have financial support for Joel from family members and friends, and his costs have been covered his whole mission!












No comments:
Post a Comment