Sunday, May 9, 2021

Wonderful Things

 Here are some of my many blessings that I am grateful for on this Mothers' Day:

Jessalyn Bartholomew

Jessalyn graduated from ISU!  I am so happy and proud of her for enduring to the end and achieving her bachelor's degree!  This is the only good photo that I got, but Scott and Skyler got some better ones.

Emerald sang in the Spring Concert, which was Mr. Grayson's and Mrs. Hyde's last concerts - they are both retiring.  It was a beautiful concert.  I cried through the last three songs.  Here are some photos of Emerald before the performance.


Emerald is the furthest left.  Bella Wilkey is in front, in preparation for her solo.

Dallin ran in Cross Country for PCCS this Spring.  He improved his time each week.  It was a great experience!

Dallin with friend and teammate, Zach

Dallin's other running friend, Matthew, is behind him

Aysha got a new car from Grandma and Grandpa!  She loves it!  Now she can travel freely to and from Stanley and when she goes to college this fall.

Aysha and new car

We got a new trampoline.  Scott, Emerald, and Alexander put it together while Elder Entrikin was at Restore and Dallin was at CC practice.  Rayden and I watched from the swingset.

Rayden "Cute Face" and Grandma

Alexander on the new trampoline

Scott and I received some thoughtful gifts from Elder Entrikin as a surprise on our birthdays.  I hardly ever have photos of Scott, so I thought I'd include all three.  He takes such good care of us!  I have such an awesome guy!  


Al, Scott, Emerald

Scott is putting together the Lego space ship that Elder Entrikin gave him, representing his prowess at Kerbel, the space ship simulator on the computer.  Rayden loves the space ship!  He plays with it every time he comes.  The purple flowers and boysenberry cookies are my gift from Elder Entrikin. 

Alexander is going through some kind of phase where it is not cool to smile, I guess?  He begged me cheerfully and persistently to order his school photos this year, so I agreed, anticipating some cute photos of my little man.  This is what I received:
Al's school photo

I asked him why he looked like that, and he didn't seem to understand why I had a problem with it.  Maybe he just wants to look tough?  Maybe he wants proof of how much he hates school?



Also, I had an amazing, beautiful, peaceful trip to Stanley on April 22.  I drove there to pick up Aysha and bring her home for the weekend for Jessalyn's graduation (and pick up her new car).  We had such a fun graduation party.  It was a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa and Gran and Grand Dad.  Also, our friends Diane and Nathan were there.  They are moving to northern Idaho at the end of May, so it was nice to visit with them one more time.

Here is my Mother's Day tribute on Facebook from Elder Joel Entrikin:


Here is a birthday post to Coral from Erik's grandma and mom.  I am so grateful that she and Erik and their puppies are so loved by Erik's family!  Coral is taking her second of four tests to earn her CPA this Thursday.  I am really proud of all that she has accomplished and so happy that she is doing so well.  



So many blessings!

And here is what I posted to Facebook this morning:

I am so grateful for the opportunity and inspiration to be a mother! I am grateful for my mom and grandmas and aunts and cousins and friends who have shown me all kinds of ways to be a wonderful mother, how to endure and overcome trials, and the joys and blessings of motherhood. I cannot think of anything I could possibly do with my life that would be more lasting, more meaningful, or more eternal. I cannot even express how grateful I am for 8 amazing people with whom my husband and I get to learn and grow and expand forever. Nothing compares!!



No comments:

Post a Comment