Thursday, October 6, 2016

Saving lives

Leadership means something different to every person, but I think most of us tend to view leadership as saving people.

Superheroes are the quintessential “leaders” to most people. They fulfill a constant desire that each of us holds – justice for bad guys and deliverance for good guys.

When we are placed in a position of leadership, we feel a deep need and responsibility to save everyone within our influence. We feel it is our job, our responsibility, our purpose of being in that position, and maybe even our purpose in life, to save the people under our authority.

Is it?




In pondering this concept, I have come to the conclusion that I never have to ask the question, “Should I save this person or that person?” The answer is always, “No.” Jesus Christ saves. He is the real and the only superhero who has already saved every single person. I am not here to save, I am here to serve.

The only question I should ask myself, and I need to ask it every day, in every position and in every situation, is, “Am I serving myself or serving God?”  What am I sharing?


or


Maybe if I can keep that in mind, I can reduce my stress level a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment