Friday, December 17, 2010

Collin Raye Concert

Tiffany and I got to go on a fun date the other night.  We went to the Collin Raye Christmas Concert and had a really good time.

The concert got started about twenty minutes late, which was fine.  We got to have some fun conversation and look at all the other folks who were there.  There were more women than men.  It was a pretty packed house, but most of the people there were an older crowd.  I was expecting a bunch of cowboys all hooting an' hollering, but it was incredibly... tame.  Huh.

Then Collin Raye came out and the show started.  The song mix was about 50-50 with traditional Christmas songs and other music.  He had a really powerful voice with an impressive range.  His 'O, Holy Night' rendition was awesome.  He did a lot of talking and that was actually pretty darn funny, too.  Overall, it wasn't what I was expecting, but it was good.  We had a ton of fun being together and that was the best part!

More pictures below the fold...

No comments:

Post a Comment