![]() |
| Flowers by Al |
Alexander helped us make these origami flowers as part of his lesson. The lesson was about how Heavenly Father sent His son to earth because He loves us, and showing love to each other.
![]() |
| Fuzzies by Emerald |
Seminary holds "Fuzzy Week" every year around Valentine's Day. These are the fuzzies that Emerald made for Dallin. We sent a copy to Aysha also.
![]() |
| Flowers from Grand Dad |
Emerald had a choir concert on February 13. It was a special combined choir concert with all three high schools and the orchestra performing a Requiem. Emerald was really pleased that she was chosen as one of the few Sopranos to sing the highest notes in part of the performance. That day they all went to Highland to practice together. Around 1:00, Emerald called Scott to come pick her up, because she wasn't feeling well. She came home and threw up, then slept all afternoon. I thought maybe she was just anxious from the stress, but then she threw up again after I got home. So I went to the concert without her. I had promised one of my students that I would be there, and I didn't want to let him down. It is good that I went, because I had forgotten to tell Grand dad that Emerald came down ill, and he came to the concert with flowers. I saw him and let him know that Emerald wouldn't be performing after all. He gave me the flowers he brought for her and asked me to ask her if she would be his Valentine. We enjoyed the beautiful flowers on our table for a couple of weeks!
![]() |
| Speech Festival |
PCCS also holds their Speech Festival in February. This year I signed up to help serve the lunch for the volunteers. I had a wonderful time serving and chatting with so many happy people! It was a really fun break from working at the high school with grumpy students. And I also got to watch each one of Alexander's rounds. He performed, "I'd Like to Visit the Moon," by Jeff Moss.
![]() |
| Grandpa and Rayden |
One day when we had Gran, Grand dad, and all the Mondragons over, Grandpa sat on the bricks to eat. Rayden came over to hang out and chat with him, and I snapped a photo.





No comments:
Post a Comment