![]() |
| Scott, Sister Entrikin, Tiffany, and Alexander |
Good-bye, Sister Entrikin
This was our second MTC goodbye for our little Entrikin family. It was easier in some ways and harder in some ways knowing a little more what to expect.
We talked most of the way there. I don't remember what we talked about. We brought Alexander with us, because he was too sick to go to school that day. I was really worried that he would give Aysha Covid and she would get sick and have to be quarantined in the MTC, but she never did get sick.
We knew this time to take photos at the temple grounds beforehand, where all of the other missionaries were gathering. We smiled and smiled, as you can see in the photos. I think we were all trying to be brave for each other. I told Aysha that we would just toss her and her luggage out of the car and drive away once we went into the MTC. I told her it would be easier for her that way, like jumping into a cold lake. "Just jump right in, all at once - that will be better," I said. (Do you think that is true? I don't know, I just hoped so.) We gave each other a long, long hug on the grass before we got back in the car to drive to the parking garage drop off point.
When we actually left Aysha in the parking garage, all of the emotions of leaving Joel in that same parking garage flooded over me as I stepped out of the car. I nearly lost it, but I swallowed all of my feels and thought, "I need to be brave for Aysha!" But I couldn't talk. "Off you go," I said, and that was all I could say without bursting into an ugly cry. Aysha bravely walked off with the other missionaries across the path and into the waiting elevator with all of her luggage.
You can read the adventures of Sister Entrikin at her mission blog here: California Sister Entrikin





No comments:
Post a Comment