Sunday, March 8, 2020

Grandpa Parsons

My Grandpa Parsons passed away.  For as long as I can remember, in fact from the time I was 6 months old, my Grandma and Grandpa Parsons have lived in the same house up on the butte called Gore Hill above Great Falls, Montana.





Gideon, Koryn Godsalve, Malachi, Dad (Edward), Mom (Kathy), Grandma, me, Scott, and Josh.  Kala played the organ prelude so we could gather for the family prayer.  Denise was taking photos.


We had such a nice funeral service.  My mom gave a beautiful tribute and life sketch.  Our family friend, Denise Jausoro, shared some memories of Grandpa and her testimony of the gospel, which was wonderful.  Grandma's and Grandpa's bishop gave some brief remarks.  Kala sang the most beautiful arrangement of "Red River Valley" that I've heard.  Gideon found the music and accompanied.  He and Malachi played an amazing piano-organ duet for the closing musical number.  It was gorgeous!

We are so grateful that Denise has been with Grandma all week helping her with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment