Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert

I got to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert!

That is a rare, coveted opportunity available to only a privileged few 84,000 people, if you include the dress rehearsal on Thursday night.  You may think I am joking about that, but apparently 84,000 is a very small percentage of the number of people who apply for tickets each year.

On most years, I would just as soon view Christmas Concerts of years past on video from my warm, quiet home at this time of year.  Even this year, I hadn't seriously considered going to the Concert until I found out that I might have the opportunity.  Then I realized that I really wanted to go this time!

My brother, Gideon, and his wife, Alyssa, were both performing as dancers in this year's concert.  They were able to get two tickets for our parents to the dress rehearsal Thursday night.  My dad wasn't able to come, so my mom and I had a fun mother-daughter date to Salt Lake City December 11 and 12.

I always enjoy seeing Gideon and Alyssa perform.  Although from where we were sitting, it was hard to tell which blue-costumed dancers were them, it was a wonderful performance!

I was particularly excited to see Santino Fontana, after having watched the Pioneer Day Concert on YouTube.

Also, my girls and I love to watch this YouTube video of Santino Fontana singing "Ten Minutes Ago" from the Broadway production Cinderella.

It was so fascinating to see the Sesame Street muppets in a live performance!  Gideon said that they often ad-libbed, so each performance was a little different!  Good4Utah news story

I plan to buy the video next year so that I can show it to my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment