Monday, September 1, 2014

All About My New Smart Phone

I have a new smart phone!  It is my business machine for Relief Society and parenting duties.



With my smart phone, I can send or receive text messages with (or without) photos.  I used this feature when I babysat our friend's daughter for a weekend.  I sent her a photo every once in a while, so she could see how much fun her daughter was having while she was gone.

I am constantly sending text messages, often texting people I've only met once or twice visiting with the missionaries, so I added a "signature" to my text messages -- every text message automatically has my name at the end of it.  If you are one of my familiar contacts and are annoyed by this helpful feature, I apologize.

I text so frequently that sometimes I am carrying on a conversation with 2 or 3 people at the same time.  I have only sent a message to the wrong person once.  (So far.)

I can check my email from my cell phone, too, but I prefer to use my kitchen desktop -- the full-size keyboard is so much easier to use than my phone's on-screen one.


One of my favorite things about my smart phone is that it takes photos and videos.  There is no zoom, and the quality is not high compared to a dedicated camera or video camera, but I can't beat the convenience of having a camera in my pocket!  Consequently, I already have five hundred cute photos and videos of Alexander.  And a few of the other kids.




My favorite "apps" (applications that I can download or install on my pocket computer) are LDS Tools and Gospel Library.  I have my full set of scriptures, other lesson manuals, Church Handbook for leaders, all the Ensigns (including Conference issues), and just about every other LDS book, music, video or reference available in this tiny little, practically weightless package that I can carry with me everywhere.  Also my ward directory, lesson schedules, and stake calendar!  It's much easier on my back and shoulders than a big church bag!



No comments:

Post a Comment